Before I say anything about iCloud SMTP server settings, what is SMTP? Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is an internet protocol for email transfer. SMTP is a protocol used in sending and receiving mail messages. User-level client mail uses SMTP only for sending messages to a mail server. But iCloud SMTP server is used for both sending and receiving emails on iCloud email address.
There are two different mail server settings for iCloud i.e. iCloud IMAP settings and iCloud SMTP settings. IMAP is for the incoming mail server and SMTP is for the outgoing mail server. If you are looking for iCloud SMTP server settings for your @icloud.com, @apple.com, @itunes.com or @me.com, then here they are.
iCloud SMTP Server Settings :
iCloud Mail SMTP Server Address/Name : smtp.mail.me.com
iCloud Mail SMTP Username : Your full iCloud email address
iCloud Mail SMTP Password : Your iCloud password
iCloud Mail SMTP Port : 587
iCloud Mail SMTP STARTTLS required : Yes
iCloud Mail SMTP Authentication required : Yes
iCloud Mail SMTP SSL required : Yes (If you receive errors when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.)
These are the basic iCloud SMTP server settings you have to apply during iCloud mail.
iCloud is not just another cloud service. There are lots of other stuffs that you can do using iCloud. Different iCloud apps are available for the users to download under different categories. Another best option is iCloud games. You can play games with your iCloud account.
List of iCloud Games :
- Age of Zombies
- Angry Boo
- Anomaly Warzone Earth HD
- Army Chess Super Online
- Batman Arkham City Lockdown
- Bird Zapper!
- Chicken Rescue
- Civilization Revolution
- Crazy Hedgy
- Cut the Rope
- Cut the Rope : Experiments
- Doodle Jump
- Duck, Duck Quack!
- FANTASY xRUNNERS
- Fruits – Exploder
- Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
- Gem King
- Infinity Blade II
- Insider Trading
- iQuickBlock, Doodle blocks, squares
- Jaws Revenge
- Joe Monkey Escapes
- Katana Jack!
- League of Evil 2
- Moto X Mayhem
- NBA 2K12 for iPad, for iPhone
- N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD
- Plum Crazy
- Pocket God
- Scribblenauts Remix
- Sea Stars
- Sky Gamblers : Rise of Glory
- Snowboard Hero
- Spicy Square
- Sprinkle : Water splashing fire fighting fun!
- SummitX Snowboarding
- Starbase Orion
- Stop Counting
- The Bard’s Tale
- The Creeps!
- The Incident
- Time of Heroes
- Wind-Up Knight
- Zombieville USA 2
These are the lists of iCloud games that you can download. Some of the them are free from iTunes but some are not. You have to pay certain amount for some games. Different genres of computer and iCloud games include action, action-adventure, role-playing, simulation, strategy, racing, sports, puzzle, trivia, etc.
Conventional storage system is now shifting towards cloud based storage, cloud technology not only limited to the storage also offers various computing task in inside your data. The apple’s icloud icloud let you synchronize your all data in multiple devices. Recently apple also announced that the newer version of its operating system will be integrated with the icloud. The latest version of iCloud OSX has came up with icloud drive, the drive will allow you to store different format of data. Some are assuming that this is apple’s competitive steps with dropbox. With the major development of smartphones and many small computing devices people do want to carry more data in their personal devices because it creates risk of losing data and cause slow performance in many operations as well. It makes easier for you to access iCloud for Mac.
The OS X is the 10th version of apple’s operating till its initial development from the beginning of 20th century; the iCloud OSX is developed in UNIX which almost covers all functionalities from file manipulation to basic computing activities. The integration of icloud in OSX allows fully online platform, we can look at this as apple’s visionary steps. For the icloud , apple now days establishing many data centers as its demand is boosting day by day. To run icloud on OS X you simply need the apples running id, mac OS X is now featured with many other interesting application as well, most of recent apps are completely internet dependent and they serve instant updates on their purposes. With icloud there are various features such as calendar, email, photo sharing, iCloud photo streaming, iTunes etc. in OS X you can use separately all application and create icloud as the hub, the icloud stores all application data for later use.
If you couldn’t find the icloud drive in your mac then you can go through the apple menu, then choose the system preferences and open icloud. On the next step it will ask you for the sign in to icloud account, use the same apple id that you use for other application. Once you logged on inside the icloud you can turn on many features provided by the apple’s icloud.
All the contacts and email accounts are synchronized in different device once you uploaded to icloud, we can browse and update from anywhere, and it also provides backup to our every content. It is also similar with the case of calendars entries. It also provide the different version of web email, calendars and address books which are also accessed through browser itself once it updated. Once we own the apple device we also get the apple id by registering our device.
Most people use the different apple devices for various purpose, once you turned on the iCloud mail settings from the icloud into your device then you will able to use that particular feature on any one of the apple devices. This synchronization feature will provide the complete freedom of most of its functionality; most user get confused while they find this missing feature, and it is necessary that you have to read the service description before using it. The mail setting for icloud is little different in all devices because of the multiple operating systems.
Steps for iCloud mail settings for different Apple devices :
For Apple Mac
- First you have find your operating system version, so to find that go through apple menu and click on ‘about this mac’.
- Then note the down the version name, the version of the OS should be “version 10.7.5” of the version released after that.
- Then open your icloud account form the ‘open icloud preferences’, sign in with your apple id or email account that is assigned for icloud.
- Then click on ‘turn on mail’
For iOS Device
- The first thing you need to enable this is your device is installed with iOS 5 or later version. Check your OS version from your device manager.
- Then tap icloud icon from setting menu, sign to your icloud account and tap ‘turn on’.
For Windows Computer
To apply this feature in your window PC it should have available the email client Microsoft outlook 2007 or later version
- Open icloud control panel which is already installed, open setting and apply tick mark on all icon mail, contacts, calendars etc. then tap on apply.
iCloud is a cloud service provided by Apple Inc. For all the Apple services such as iTunes, iCloud, Apps Store and iBooks Store, you need and Apple ID. An Apple ID is the email address that you use as a account login for just about everything you do with Apple. iCloud account login is a process of signing in to your iCloud with your Apple ID.
iCloud Account Login Steps:
- Go to www.icloud.com.
- iCloud login screen will open.
- Enter your Apple ID on the first of the two blank fields.
- Enter your Password on the next field.
- Press Enter or click the arrow sign to continue.
- Tick the “keep me signed in” box if you want to save your login credentials for future log-ins.
- iCloud account login process will be successful only if both of the details are right.
If your Apple ID or Password is incorrect, then you will see a login error message saying “Your Apple ID or password was incorrect. Go to iForgot to recover your Apple ID or password.” Click the iForgot button in order to reset your password.
How to reset iCloud account login password?
- Click on the iForgot button or just go to this direct link https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid.
- Enter your Apple ID. If you can even remember your Apple ID, then click on the link ‘Forgot your Apple ID?’
- Otherwise press the Next button.
- Now select the authentication method. There are two types of authentication to choose from in order to authenticate your iCloud account i.e. Email authentication and Answer security questions which is also known as iCloud two step verification.
- After you select the authentication method. Click Next.
- If you chose Email authentication, email is sent to your inbox. Follow the instructions to reset icloud account login password.
- If you chose Answer security question, you have to answer a security question to verify your account.
If you face any icloud sign in problems or other problems, then go to the Support page of iCloud.com.
The icloud offers the storage features for application and data, also the icloud synchronizes all your data and apps on the multiple devices under same account. About two years ago apple launched another useful application that can track you friends nearby to your location, which is known as ‘find my friends’. These days we rarely meet our friends on daily basis, instead we prefer to communicate in virtual medium through different social networking platforms. It would be really an epic moment when you suddenly met your friends in street after very long time. With this recent application you can sense their existence near to you and can make further hangout plans.
This application is the sole product of apple application will only available on iOS platform only. iCloud Find My Friends app uses GPS system from your phone for the instant update on many variables. This application is very useful on many situations, we always care about our dear ones and try to communicate with them frequently, this application right here is the real time tracker that by which you can see the every locations they are visiting on the map. Sometimes you can surprise them by suddenly appearing in front of them. Since this app is synchronized by icloud you can always restore the location on multiple apple devices. To use this application make sure that you have the latest version of operating system eg: ipad, iphone ios 5 or later.
Some of you might concern that it will show your location anonymously but your location is only visible to them when you accepts their requests and it will same from your side as well. Your data won’t be used by other if there is no mutual agreement between you two. This could be very useful in the family tours, visits etc. you can always checkout where your children are etc. The apple is already declared the limitation in which you can follow up to 50 friends and gain 50 following as well. The application is completely free for the apple users and available in apple’s app store. You can download iCloud find my friends app any time if you find it useful for you.
iCloud Find My Friends app is available in 20+ languages. There are lots of interesting features of this app.
iCloud Find My Friends App Features
- Locate friends and family easily
- Location-based notification
- Temporary sharing option
- Free for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Other important iCloud apps include iCloud keynote and iCloud pages.
We use icloud for storage and syncing purpose because it provides the cloud computing platform to all apple device users. www.iCloud.com is the single point where your all apple devices are connected each other and you can browse anything that is available in next device. The icloud tabs is separate feature for the safari web browser that allows you to open same tabs on different device which are already opened on other device. It is not possible to carry all your devices every time with you or you might need the use same web link elsewhere, you can simply open the safari which will show you the list of tabs that are currently opened on other device.
To makes this feature available in your apple devices, they all should be synced through icloud and some implementation on settings should be made. The process of enabling iclould tab is varying according to devices, try follow below mentioning steps to configure this setting in your different apple devices.
iCloud Tab for iPhone and iPad
- Tap on the setting icon available in the home screen of your iPad/iPhone.
- Under settings section you can see the different options, at the beginning you can see the ‘icloud’. Tap on that to sync your phone.
- At this point you have to tick the sync ‘on’ in the iCloud safari.
iCloud Tab for mac OS X ( this will work only on the latest version of mac OS e.g. ; mac OS X mountain lion)
- Open your mac book and click on the apple logo in the upper left side corner and click on the option ‘preferences’.
- Under the internet and wireless option you can see ‘icloud’
- Once you clicked on icloud you can see the different feature that are currently synced to icloud. Now choose the and check the safari synced to icloud is turned on.
The process of accessing different tabs that could be simultaneously running on multiple devices are explained below.
- Find the safari web browser and open it.
- Find the bookmark option which is available on the bottom navigation and tap on it.
- Then tap on icloud icon.
- There you can see the list of links that the currently running on your other apple devices and select the one you are trying to access.
Go to iCloud Troubleshooting for more information.
The cloud storage is getting more importance these days because of its highly advanced features that involves different form of data synchronization and access from multiple devices. Some years ago apple also launched its cloud computing service known as icloud for the apple device users. From official point of view the icloud is solely launched for the users who own apple devices, so by default this service is available on the all product from apple. You can have iCloud for Windows too.
When any apple device owner sign-up for icloud account, he/she will get free 5 GB of storage space to manipulate all account data. We can see that android has huge market than apple phones these days, most of world’s smartphones are installed with android currently. There might come a situation when you need to access your icloud data form the android device or you are old apple user who currently own android smartphone, so to makes is available in our android phone we have to follow some procedural steps to sign in from your apple account.
We already know that the apple icloud can’t be used directly on android devices, first we have to find the appropriate the icloud server for our android device and sign in into the account that we are trying to reach from android.
Steps to Enabe iCloud For Android:
- You have check for the server which is hosting your icloud account, open your calendar in your apple device and look for the URL which is format webcal://pXX-calendarws.icloud.com
- On the above URL the first three symbol represent the name of your server ‘pXX’, note it down for further use.
- Once you noted down your server address , now browse any email client you are using in your phone or simply you can go from the web browser itself. At this point you have create your IMAP account or simply email account which use such protocol.
- Use you apple username name and password to create new IMAP account in android device , the server URL format would be like pXX-imap.mail.me.com .
- The pXX is the line you noted down earlier, now your email is synchronized with icloud account and you can browse all your email
- The calendar and contact synchronization in android is little complex, but it can be done with the help of free application like cardDAV etc.
These are the basic steps for enabling iCloud for android devices. You can even have iCloud for Mac.
Is it really possible to use iCloud on your Windows PC? Can you have control over your Apple and iCloud account even if you are not using any of your Apple devices? The answer actually is Yes, you can. iCloud for XP is available Windows versions like Windows Vista, Windows SP, Windows 7 or above.
How To Download iCloud XP?
- Open web-browser in your PC.
- Go to www.icloud.com.
- Click on the ‘Setup Instructions’ from the topmost right hand side of the homepage.
- This will open a setup page. There are three different setup options for three different platforms i.e. for Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch), for Mac and for Windows PC. or you can just click on this direct link http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455
- Make sure you have Winrar on your computer. Scroll down a little. Click on the ‘Download Now‘ link. Right click on the downloaded link and extract it using Winrar.
- This will download iCloud Control Panel on your computer.
Another Steps to Install iCloud XP:
- Download ORCA MSI editor.
- Make sure you choose the right version of your Windows i.e. either 32-bit or 64-bit. Right click on the extracted file that suits your operating system.
- After you click on the iCloud.msi, then select “Edit with Orca”.
- A new window will open. Click on the “LaunchCondition” from the left hand side of the page.
- Click on the second line which says “VersionNT>=600 requires that your computer is running Windows Vista or newer,” then save.
- After you have done all that, open the iCloud.msi file that you just edited & it should install very successfully.
These are the steps for installing iCloud XP. You can use iCloud for Windows too. Apple is working on to bring iCloud services for every OS platforms like Windows, Linux, etc. This is to make iCloud service available for every users.
The iCloud is a cloud computing service provided by Apple Inc. Despite of other competitors like Dropbox, SkyDrive, iCloud has been one of the most popular and most used cloud service. In order to use your own www.icloud.com account, you must have an Apple account first i.e. Apple ID. Signing up for an Apple account should be done from Apple devices.
If you already have an Apple ID, then you can sign in to iCloud. When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage. Apple’s sign in page and iCloud sign in page is different though you can log in to both by same account. @apple.com, @icloud.com are just as same as @live.com, @hotmail.com in Microsoft account. While signing in for an account, iCloud users tend to make lots of mistakes. It is not just iCloud users, but every people make mistakes during log in.
iCloud Sign in Common Errors:
- One of the most common mistakes is wrong Apple ID or wrong password. Make sure the Apple ID/Email address or Password you entered is correct. If anyone of the two details is wrong, you will see the message saying “Your Apple ID or Password was incorrect. Go to iForgot to recover your Apple ID or Password.” Just click on the iForgot button to reset your password.
- Another error is spelling mistake. Even those who are good at typing make this mistake. Just take your time and make sure the spelling is right. Make sure that the Caps Lock on your keyboard is off.
- In most cases, password are case-sensitive. iCloud password is also case-sensitive. For e.g. sECUre and seCuRE are two different things.
These three are the most common icloud sign in mistakes made by the icloud users. Do not use other’s Apple devices to sign in to your icloud account as far as possible. If you want to log in from PC or laptop and you are using your friend’s computer, then log in from private browser. Press Ctrl+Shift+N on your keyboard for that. This makes sure that your login credentials are not save on their computer.