The iCloud is a cloud based storage service offered by Apple that enables you to store your mail, contacts, calendars, photos, music, documents and many more in the cloud which you can access from any Apple device you are using. icloud.com even helps you to find your iPhone when it is lost with its Location services. You can use all these features of iCloud with your iCloud account and in case you want to change your iCloud ID you can learn about how to change iCloud ID in this article.
You can change your iCloud ID by two ways; by iOS (iPhone, iPad) or by Computer
How To Change iCloud ID Via iOS (iPhone,iPad) ?
Here are few steps to help you on how to change iCloud ID by using your iPhone, iPad.
- First, open Settings in your device.
- Select “iCloud”.
- Scroll down and click on red “Delete account” at the bottom.
- In order to delete your iCloud account your device will need to erase all photos. Select “Delete” to continue.
- Depending on whether or not you’d like to keep iCloud data on your device,click the option you choose.
- Then, click “iCloud “again.
- Enter your new Apple ID you’d want to use as your new iCloud ID in your device in the Apple ID input field. Then, type your password and tap “Sign in”.
- If you want to merge your contacts, data on your device into your new iCloud ID, select “Merge” or else tap “Don’t Merge”.
- Next in this how to change iCloud ID article, choose whether or not you want iCloud to use the Location of your iPhone. This function enables Find My iPhone features.
- Finally, you will be able to use iCloud with your new iCloud ID.
- By Computer
Follow these simple steps that will guide you on how to change iCloud ID via Computer:
- Click “Sign out” in your iCloud Control Panel which you can download from Apple’s Support Page in your PC and on Mac, you can find iCloud Control Panel under “System Preferences”.
- Then, fill in your new Apple ID you want to use as your new iCloud ID and its password.
- Click “Sign in” and get started with your new iCloud ID.